Calling all innovators
We invite all innovations to enter the Blue Tulip Awards from organizations of all sizes, with the following characteristics:
- You have a beta release available of your innovation, which was not longer than 3 years ago introduced on the market.
- Your innovation has impact on (at least) one of the innovation themes.
- You understand and agree to our awards process – and commit to presenting in person to our juries at the Quarterfinals (February 13th, 2020), Semifinals* (March 12th, 2020) and at the Finals (April 17th, 2020). Not attending these events will result in disqualification.
- You are the owner of, or have valid license rights to use, all intellectual property rights in the innovation that you are submitting, and you will indemnify Accenture for any breach of this.
Registration is free. Any travel and other expenses will not be reimbursed. Accenture does not accept liabilities for risks that may occur in the awards process.
*An exception to the in-person-attendance rule applies only to the adjusted setup of the Semifinals on March 12th, 2020.
The route to success
We ask innovators to adhere to the process we designed to maximize the value for all parties involved:
- Registration for the Blue Tulip Awards 2020 is opened from 15th of August 2019 to 17th of November 2019. Accenture has the right to extend or shorten the registration period.
- On the 9th of January 2020, all innovators participating can celebrate the start of their journey together. This event gives them the opportunity to meet their competition and explore future collaborations.
- On the 13th of February 2020, the Top 25 concepts per theme will gather at the Amsterdome in Amsterdam to celebrate innovation and exchange experiences with the entire ecosystem. The top 25 Innovators will have the possibility to convince the jury of their concept during an innovation café and speed dating rounds.
- On the 12th of March 2020, the Top 10 concepts per theme will gather at DeFabrique in Utrecht to participate in the talk show. Innovators will have the opportunity to convince the jury of their concept during a talk show, where they are challenged by a moderator.
- On the 17th of April 2020, the Top 5 concepts per theme will gather at Taets in Zaandam. They will have the opportunity to pitch their concepts as creatively as they want at the Innovation Summit. Time is their only limit to convince the jury that they should be the winner of the Blue Tulip Awards 2020.
The Top 25, Top 10, Top 5 and Winners per theme will be chosen by a judging panel. The judging panel will be a diverse panel of 10-15 people with relevant, theme related expertise. The final decisions of the judges are to be based on the following parameters: Impact, Scalability, Business Model and Innovativeness.
- The jury will select the Top 25 based on the information filled in on the MyBTA profiles. At this stage, the concepts will not be provided with feedback yet.
- The jury will select the Top 10 based on the MyBTA profiles and the speed dating session at the Quarterfinals.
- The jury will select the Top 5 based on a pitch and panel discussion at the Semifinals.
- The jury will select the Winners based on a pitch at the Finals.
The fame, the glory & the prizes
Winners of jury prizes get a “bundle” of services and products offered by partners of the Blue Tulip Awards. Specific terms and conditions will be communicated to the winners. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed. All prize details not specified in these (specific) terms and conditions will be determined in Accenture’s sole and absolute discretion. If a legal court rules that your innovation is acting in breach of intellectual property right after your innovation has won a jury prize, Accenture reserves the right to cancel or request the return of any prizes awarded for that innovation.
By participating in the Blue Tulip Awards, you grant Accenture and their affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to feature your entry and use your name and image, and any content, statement, interview or other materials relating to your participation in this contest (including photos, videos or written materials) in all media (now known or later developed) for marketing and/or promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity without compensation or notification to or permission from you of any kind, except as prohibited by law.
Please do not cheat
We are entitled to exclude participants from the competition when there is a dispute about the ownership of Intellectual Property rights – or when fraudulent behavior occurs, at our sole discretion.
General Rules are:
- We will exclude you from the competition if a legal court has ruled that your innovation is acting in breach of intellectual property rights. In that situation, Accenture reserves the right to cancel or request the return of any prizes awarded for that innovation.
- We will exclude you from the competition if fraudulent behavior occurs.
- Play fair. Do not harm the interest or reputation of other participants, partner organizations, Accenture or any other party involved in the process. We will exclude you from the competition if we feel your actions harm others.
- All information provided in entry forms must be true and accurate. Accenture may request additional information from you to verify the information you provided. If you provide false or inaccurate information, Accenture may disqualify and exclude you from the Blue Tulip Awards or from receiving any prizes.
- Do not violate copyrights, trademarks, or other such rights.
- The prize awards specified herein are the only compensation for participation in and submission of entries to the Blue Tulip Awards. No transfer, assignment, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed.
- All interpretations of these General Rules, terms and conditions and decisions made by Accenture relating to the Blue Tulip Awards are final and binding in all respects. At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of Accenture, Accenture shall be entitled to disqualify a participant (individually or as a team) in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these General Rules or terms and conditions.