Reimagined. Redesigned. Introducing the Blue Tulip Awards!
Since the beginning of the Accenture Innovation Awards in 2007, Accenture and our partners have spearheaded the pursuit to identify the most promising innovations in the Netherlands, to help them grow, scale, and flourish. After twelve years of learning from previous successes, we know the time is right to take this program to the next level by opening it up for even more collaboration.
To demonstrate that we’re truly serious about open innovation is by removing Accenture from the program title. From now on, our innovation competition will be known as the Blue Tulip Awards, as the exclusive blue tulip symbolizes the continuous quest to find real innovation. If you have a unique and innovative concept that disrupts the industry and changes the way the world works, we invite you to register for the Blue Tulip Awards here! Who knows, you might be the one walking away with the winner trophy at the Innovation Summit on April 17, 2020.
What’s in it for you?
Beyond the competition, innovators can network with our ecosystem of theme experts, tech partners, opinion leaders, as well as fellow innovators. Participants can also use this opportunity to scale up using our worldwide venture network and our specialists’ unique expertise. Furthermore, innovators can gain access to a wealth of insights and accelerate through sharp lectures and hands-on workshops from Accenture’s Scale Up Academy in collaboration with partners that are experts in the field, such as Growth Tribe, SubTracers, Symbid, ACN Security, Impact hub and many more. Through the events, you can learn from influential jury members through individual and group feedback on your business and optimize your sales pitch. In addition, your innovative concept will get the opportunity to gain exposure through our social channels, website, media partners, and our entire ecosystem.
Blue Tulip Awards’ Innovation Themes
The Blue Tulip Awards consists of eight issue-based themes, inspired by global challenges that will define our future. All innovations with a beta release younger than three years are eligible to enroll in one of the following categories:
The Blue Tulip Awards Process
Each submitted initiative will be assessed by an independent theme jury. The jury consists of industry experts, opinion leaders, previous winners, corporate heavyweights, and more. Each jury board will have 10 to 15 members, who’ve been carefully brought together by the Blue Tulip team.
Not only do the jury members evaluate the innovative concepts participating in the awards program, they also give advice and can help connect the innovators. Innovators can seek to benefit from the jury members’ expertise and professional network, which enables them to receive the best support for growth.
- On January 9, 2020, all innovators and network partners are invited to the Class of 2020, to celebrate the start of the new year and kickstart the innovation journey.
- The first selection of the top 25 innovators of each theme will be announced on January 14.
- On February 13, the top 10 will be announced at the quarterfinals.
- On March 12, the semifinalists will pitch in front of the jury members in a theme-related talk show to win the few coveted spots of the final battle.
- The competition will culminate on April 17, 2020, at the Accenture Innovation Summit, where the five finalists of each theme will compete for the Blue Tulip Awards trophy. The eight most exquisite innovations will be named winners of the Blue Tulip Awards 2020 at the end of the summit.